MARIA LASKAR EST RÉALISATRICE, DIRECTEURE ARTISTIQUE, DRAMATURGE, PAROLIÈRE, PRODUCTEURE ET PHOTOGRAPHE DE MONTRÉAL, QUÉBEC, CANADA.
Maria Laskar is a Director, Artistic Director, Playwright, Songwriter, Writer, Producer, and Photographer from Montréal, Québec, Canada.
les Livres/Books :
Professor Blue Top Secret Lab Journal – Maria Laskar
Professeure Bleue Top Secret Journal de Bord – Maria Laskar
Mérits / Grants / Jury :
- 2021 CALQ (Conseil des Arts et des Lettres du Québec) – Membre du Jury Pluridisciplinaire
- 2009 CALQ
- 2008 CALQ
- 2008 – Director’s Grant – MIT Arts Council – Cambridge Science Festival
- 2006 – MIT Arts Council – Susan Cohen, Director, MIT Boston, MA USA
- 2006 – Earth System Initiative – MIT – Matthew Gardner, Executive Director, MIT Boston, MA USA
- 2000 – 1999 (2 ans) Ville de Montréal, Sylvana Villata – Program Interculturalism
- 1999 – Ministere de la Culture et des Communications du Gouvernement du Québec
- 1999 – Order of Dentistry Montréal Québec – Dr. Diane Allard
- 1975 – Ontario Arts Council – Canadore College Northbay
Member of Jury / Panel Presenter of Conference :
2000 – 1999 Ville de Montréal, Sylvana Villata – 2 ans
1999 – Panel Presenter – Conference on Multi-Culturalism in the Arts – for City of Montréal – Sylvana Villata (French and English)
Films and Shorts Experience :
2000 – Present
Creator, Writer, Director, Editor
- Professor Blue video podcast series – Do you know where your water comes from? Funded by MIT, MIT Arts Council, Earth Systems Initiative, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Film showcase and live performances of Professor Blue written and directed by Maria Laskar for the Cambridge Science Foundation and Boston Museum of Science. Funded by World Computer Exchange, Ambit Press, Dell Computers, Gov Connection, VWR, The Home Depot, Quebec
- Translation of two Feature films, Co-production France – Ontario – Agent- Lawrence Steinberg and Associates, Toronto (Film in progress).*Rewrite songs / shorts / documentaries – French – English
- Wrote scenario of feature film, and dialogue rewrites for « Hotel California » – Giuseppe Romanciera Productions. (Film in Progress).
- Wrote scenario and dialogue for the sequel « Mortadella » (in progress).
Wrote scenario, and did translations of various 30-second commercials, educational preventive for kids 5- 18 yrs. French to English for Animations Ciné-Clic, Cinè-Groupe, Villain Garnement, Montréal, Québec. Won award for 30-second commercial on the environment and too much violence on television in Japan, 1994.
*Wrote and Videographed- interviews , short films and documentary for First World Summit of Women in Power and Economics – Vidéastre Film, Montréal, Québec (over 200 filmed interviews).
* Wrote script English to French, short documentary, « Shades My Mother Gave Me » (TV pilot) for Ensemble Studios, Montréal, Québec.
*Wrote. directed and filmed demo- video for Production Flamenco Montréal, Québec
Songwriting Experience :
*Songwriter, Editor and translator for LastCall [email protected]. Clients French and English performing artists (Member of SOCAN, SODRAC) France, Canada, USA.
Songs sold to: Louise Portal, Corbeau, Los Lobos, and others.
Playwriting Experience :
1999 – 2000 Plays : on vidéo and performed live Montréal / Toronto
Moonshine – English
Short film, ITV
Lorsque je te pointe la Lune, tu regarde le doigt – Français
Double Solitary – English, live
Sans Atouts – Français, live
Camera Crash – musical comedy – French / English (Canada Council Arts Grant) toured Québec & Ontario – Canadore College, Northbay
Daddy’s Girls – English, live
Les Filles à Daddie – Français, live
Book on Prevention- subsidized by Order of Dentistry Québec – Dr. Allard
Educational book and Record album for kids 5-15yrs
La dent cariée – Français
Tooth Decay – English
Stage Director- Experiences – Live Shows and Touring :
1999 – 2001
Artistic Director – Production Flamenco Montréal
Voces del Corazons– live stageshow with the l’Orchestre Métropolitain (90 artistes on stage) funded by the city of Montreal Sylvana Villata, Conseils des Arts, and Iberia Airlines
Séries- Le Chemins des Gitans (4) live performances with live music and dance toured Québec, funded by the city of Montréal et Maisons de la Culture
Quebec Live Mega Show Célébrations for St. Jean Baptiste, parc deMaisonneuve..Montréal
‘Heureux Qui Comme Québec’ (150 artists on stage) Mise en Scene/Director
Théâtre – La Malbaie-Production
`Qui est Qui`-Stage manager for Jean Yves Laforce de Radio Canada
Théâtre Le Coventum
Surfil– drame/musicale, funambuliste Muriel Paquette des Enfants du Paradis, Live- Espace Libre- Director- co-writer
Grands Ballets Canadien- Assistante au Directeur Artistique –Brian MacDonald-toured Canada/Europe/South America.
Director – Playwright – ‘Camera Crash‘ – musical comedy
Grant Canadore Collège, Northbay Ontario & Ontario Council of the Arts for creation, writing, touring and Directing..
Freelance Experience :
Member of Jury – Programme de Soutien à l `Interculturalisme de la Ville de Montréal
Presenter – Conference of Multi-culturism for the city of Montréal
Organizer/Promoter – International Tour for Le Carré Théâtre, Longueuil , Qc, Anouk Simard. Organized international tour and Promotion (documents in French and English for the diffusion of the play -Mme Bavlatski, Québec and Europe.
Director – 350e Célébrations Ville de Montréal. In charge of French/English submissions- main show and répertoires of artistes.
Photographer and journalist for Daglabet Newspaper- Norway, Paris Match- France and New York Times…..magazine and photos published- covering First Gulf war -Iraq
Pyrate Communications Inc.-writing, consulting corporate and industrial films in Canada/USA/Europe – French/English. Clients included Bell, Hydro, Johnson and Johnson Inc., etc.
Director of Admissions – Trebas Institute of the Arts, Montréal. Director of Admissions for artist management and sound recording and placement.
Conseillère Académie of Fashion and Design – toured colleges and high schools thru out province and Ontario.
Modelling for Lois Segal filmmaker ONF/National film Board – Book-FACES and documentary film
1990 diplômé Dawson Collège Institutes of Photograpy
1985 diplômé McGill Université Certificat – Childhood Education in the Theatre Arts & Writing
1975 diplômé Nationale Theatre School of Canada – Technical Direction, Playwriting
1971 diplômé Dawson Collège CEGEP Arts/Théatre