MARIA LASKAR EST RÉALISATRICE, DIRECTEURE ARTISTIQUE, DRAMATURGE, PAROLIÈRE, PRODUCTEURE ET PHOTOGRAPHE DE MONTRÉAL, QUÉBEC, CANADA.
Maria Laskar is a Director, Artistic Director, Playwright, Songwriter, Writer, Producer, and Photographer from Montréal, Québec, Canada.
les Livres/Books :
Professor Blue Top Secret Lab Journal – Maria Laskar
Professeure Bleue Top Secret Journal de Bord – Maria Laskar
Mérits / Grants / Jury :
- 2021 CALQ (Conseil des Arts et des Lettres du Québec) – Membre du Jury Pluridisciplinaire
- 2009 CALQ
- 2008 CALQ
- 2008 – Director’s Grant – MIT Arts Council – Cambridge Science Festival
- 2006 – MIT Arts Council – Susan Cohen, Director, MIT Boston, MA USA
- 2006 – Earth System Initiative – MIT – Matthew Gardner, Executive Director, MIT Boston, MA USA
- 2000 – 1999 (2 ans) Ville de Montréal, Sylvana Villata – Program Interculturalism
- 1999 – Ministere de la Culture et des Communications du Gouvernement du Québec
- 1999 – Order of Dentistry Montréal Québec – Dr. Diane Allard
- 1975 – Ontario Arts Council – Canadore College Northbay
Member of Jury / Panel Presenter of Conference :
2000 – 1999 Ville de Montréal, Sylvana Villata – 2 ans
1999 – Panel Presenter – Conference on Multi-Culturalism in the Arts – for City of Montréal – Sylvana Villata (French and English)
Films and Shorts Experience :
2000 – Present
Creator, Writer, Director, Editor
- Professor Blue video podcast series – Do you know where your water comes from? Funded by MIT, MIT Arts Council, Earth Systems Initiative, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Film showcase and live performances of Professor Blue written and directed by Maria Laskar for the Cambridge Science Foundation and Boston Museum of Science. Funded by World Computer Exchange, Ambit Press, Dell Computers, Gov Connection, VWR, The Home Depot, Quebec
- Translation of two Feature films, Co-production France – Ontario – Agent- Lawrence Steinberg and Associates, Toronto (Film in progress).*Rewrite songs / shorts / documentaries – French – English
- Wrote scenario of feature film, and dialogue rewrites for « Hotel California » – Giuseppe Romanciera Productions. (Film in Progress).
- Wrote scenario and dialogue for the sequel « Mortadella » (in progress).
Wrote scenario, and did translations of various 30-second commercials, educational preventive for kids 5- 18 yrs. French to English for Animations Ciné-Clic, Cinè-Groupe, Villain Garnement, Montréal, Québec. Won award for 30-second commercial on the environment and too much violence on television in Japan, 1994.
*Wrote and Videographed- interviews , short films and documentary for First World Summit of Women in Power and Economics – Vidéastre Film, Montréal, Québec (over 200 filmed interviews).
* Wrote script English to French, short documentary, « Shades My Mother Gave Me » (TV pilot) for Ensemble Studios, Montréal, Québec.
*Wrote. directed and filmed demo- video for Production Flamenco Montréal, Québec
Songwriting Experience :
Continue reading “Laskar”